Director of Software Sales
DZone is the Knowledge-Sharing company! DZone has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for three years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth! We have helped hundreds of companies, including Amazon, Pixar, LinkedIn, GE, Microsoft, Epic Games, Splunk, and Ebay. We believe that our most important measure of success is their love for our products!
DZone is seeking a Director of Software Sales to join us in Cary, North Carolina. As Sales Director, you will be responsible for managing a team of Account Executives to meet and exceed corporate growth objectives. This is a highly visible role that gives you the opportunity to exercise situational leadership, develop a team of reps and be an integral part in the growth and success of DZone's software unit! As a sales manager, it’s your responsibility to define, measure and reinforce best sales practices by researching trends, staying up to date with competition and anticipating the company’s needs. With a team of sales reps, you will set the tone for competitive nature, resilience and an emphasis on customer success.
Every interaction is an opportunity to delight and guide our customers in how they can best use DZone products to improve how their organization creates communities for their developers. We are looking for candidates with a lively spirit, strong work ethic, and positive attitude to join our team.
What you will be doing most of the time
- Lead and manage your team of Account Executives to close new business and renewals through outbound activities, inbound leads, and working as a player coach to ensure the team meets its growth targets.
- Ensure we have the right structure for the sales teams along with the right people and compensation plans
- Increase the competencies across the sales team by working directly with individuals and training the team on best practices for SaaS software sales
- Participate in senior leadership discussions to provide input on corporate direction and ensure that we stay informed on best practices for optimal revenue growth
- Achieving growth and achieving/exceeding revenue targets by successfully managing the sales team as a player coach
- Owning recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Driving sales revenues, realistic forecasts, enablement criteria
- Building and promoting strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Define, measure and reinforce sales metrics, goals and best practices
- Collaborate with other managers on the Software Leadership Team in order to develop and evolve sales tactics
- Highly motivated & driven to deliver results that meet & exceed goals
- Sales Management Experience with 3+ years prior sales experience selling Enterprise SaaS Software
- Experience in managing a sales team in a fast-paced, high- volume, outbound and inbound selling environment
- The ability to create, set and manage a strategic plan for your sales team and how it works with all supporting teams
- Knowledge of how to use metrics and data as a way to support effective sales behavior as well as the health of the sales performance of your team
- Passion for improving global standards for customer satisfaction; desire to maintain a customer focus
- Proven success managing a team comprised of varying levels of professionalism and experience; Proven models for coaching and development of your team
- Ability to help support and direct the overall sales plan and strategy, including team structure and outbounding strategies
- Experience with Salesforce.com processes and reporting
Working for DZone
DZone believes that sharing knowledge makes life better! We make a software platform that allows customers to manage and share knowledge from a variety of sources in a simple and easy to use interface, freeing them from knowledge silos that prohibit creativity and growth. Our flagship example of this is our own knowledge sharing site for developers, DZone.com. Over 1 million developers rely on us every day to produce and share excellent content that allows them to achieve success.
We’re growing fast, but we are determined that each and every person has the opportunity to make a difference for our company and our customers each and every day. We encourage creativity and collaboration, and thrive on continuous improvement. We hire purposefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity and adaptability.
We offer comprehensive benefits for employees and family which include your choice of several comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, and disability plans, a flexible time off policy, and many opportunities to help you grow your career. DZone has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for 3 years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth. We are headquartered in Cary, NC at the corner of High House and Cary Parkway with views of the Prestonwood golf course.