DZone is the Knowledge-Sharing company! Our flagship product, AnswerHub, provides customers with online communities for self-service customer support, questions and answers, and internal team collaboration and productivity. DZone has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for three years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth! We have helped hundreds of companies, including Amazon, Pixar, LinkedIn, GE, Microsoft, Epic Games, Splunk, and Ebay. We believe that our most important measure of success is their love for our products!
We are currently on the lookout for a Solutions Engineer (SE) to join our fast-growing AnswerHub Software Team in Cary, NC. This role calls for a technically adept individual with programming knowledge in HTML, Java, and JQuery who also enjoys day-to-day communication and troubleshooting with our awesome list of customers.
Every interaction is an opportunity to delight and guide our customers in how they can best use AnswerHub to improve how their organization collaborates internally or supports their customers externally. We are looking for candidates with a lively spirit, strong work ethic, and positive attitude to join our team.
What you will be doing most of the time:
- Working with our customers and prospects to understand their needs and propose/implement appropriate technical solutions using the AnswerHub product
- Assist sales and account managers with customer calls as a technical product expert
- Deploy and configure installations of AnswerHub which includes: installing Tomcat on remote linux machines, setting up SSO, installing product integrations/plugins, helping configure and troubleshoot product settings, and assisting with data migration
- Investigate and help resolve any production issues with the product – from the UI to the persistence layer
- Produce technical content – whitepapers, blog posts, training videos, webinars and anything that might be helpful for both current and potential customers
- 3+ years of experience in the software industry
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and technical troubleshooting
- Experience and understanding of architectural principles and frameworks
- Keen eye for detail and stubborn resolve to drive to high quality deliverables
- Working knowledge of SQL and familiarity with the MySQL, Postgres, and SQL Server databases
- Experience with LDAP, SAML, Git and RESTful APIs