Front End Developer
DZone is the Knowledge-Sharing company! Our products provide customers with online communities for self-service customer support, questions and answers, and internal team collaboration and productivity. DZone has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for three years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth! We have helped hundreds of companies, including Amazon, Pixar, LinkedIn, GE, Microsoft, Epic Games, Splunk, and Ebay. We believe that our most important measure of success is their love for our products!
DZone is seeking a Front-end Developer to support and help develop our engineering team in Cary, North Carolina. Our software development team is focused on cultivating the next generation of its knowledge sharing platform and we need a Front-end Developer to help deliver this product to market. Your deep knowledge of technology will support and inform discussions on technical trade-offs and will help drive a culture of innovation that ensures delivery of high quality software to our customers.
Every interaction is an opportunity to delight and guide our customers in how they can best use DZone products to improve how their organization collaborates internally or supports their customers externally. We are looking for candidates with a lively spirit, strong work ethic, and positive attitude to join our team.
What you will be doing most of the time:
- Develop and maintain new features, functionalities, and improvements in our product
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assist the development team with coding and troubleshooting, while continuing to grow your own technical expertise
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability, accessibility, and scalability best practices
- 3+ years of experience in the software industry focused on Front-end work
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Ability to efficiently analyze and troubleshoot technical issues
- Keen eye for detail and stubborn resolve to drive to high quality deliverables
Experience with additional languages and frameworks (JAVA, AngularJS, LESS)
Experience with development and design tools (GitHub, InVision)
Working knowledge of UX/UI best practices and principles
Working for DZone
DZone believes that sharing knowledge makes life better! We make a software platform that allows customers to manage and share knowledge from a variety of sources in a simple and easy to use interface, freeing them from knowledge silos that prohibit creativity and growth. Our flagship example of this is our own knowledge sharing site for developers, DZone.com. Over 1 million developers rely on us every day to produce and share excellent content that allows them to achieve success.
DZone has helped hundreds of companies, including Pixar, LinkedIn, GE, Microsoft, Epic Games, Splunk, and EBay. We believe that our most important measure of success is their love for our products.
We’re growing fast, but we are determined that each and every person has the opportunity to make a difference for our company and our customers each and every day. We encourage creativity and collaboration, and thrive on continuous improvement. We hire purposefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity and adaptability.
We offer comprehensive benefits for employees and family which include your choice of several comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans, a flexible time off policy, and many opportunities to help you grow your career. DZone has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for 3 years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth. We are headquartered in Cary, NC at the corner of High House and Cary Parkway with views of the Prestonwood golf course.