DZone is the Knowledge-Sharing company! Our products provide customers with online communities for self-service customer support, questions and answers, and internal team collaboration and productivity. DZone has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for three years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth! We have helped hundreds of companies, including Amazon, Pixar, LinkedIn, GE, Microsoft, Epic Games, Splunk, and Ebay. We believe that our most important measure of success is their love for our products!
DZone is seeking a Software Engineer to support and help develop our engineering team in Cary, North Carolina. Our software development team is focused on delivering the next generation of its knowledge sharing platform and we need a Software Engineer to help deliver this product to market. Your deep knowledge of technology will support and inform discussions on technical trade-offs and will help drive a culture of innovation that ensures delivery of high quality software to our customers.
This role calls for significant technical competencies with deep programming knowledge in HTML, Java, and JQuery along with an interest in, and understanding of, the state and direction of the industry. The ideal candidate will also enjoy day-to-day communication and troubleshooting with our engineering teams and our awesome list of customers.
Every interaction is an opportunity to delight and guide our customers in how they can best use DZone products to improve how their organization collaborates internally or supports their customers externally. We are looking for candidates with a lively spirit, strong work ethic, and positive attitude to join our team.
What you will be doing most of the time:
- Design and build the next generation of the AnswerHub product, including design and implementation of architectural changes and new features.
- Investigate and help resolve any production issues with the product
- Increase the technical competencies across the engineering team by working directly with individuals and small teams.
- Key contributor to Quality Management process
- 3+ years of experience in the software industry
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and technical troubleshooting
- Experience and understanding of architectural principles and frameworks
- Keen eye for detail and stubborn resolve to drive to high quality deliverables
- Experience with SQL, MySQL, Postgres, and SQL Server databases
- Experience with LDAP, SAML, Git and RESTful APIs
- Experience with standard Web Based security protocols
- Experience with testing performance of SaaS Applications
Working for DZone
DZone believes that sharing knowledge makes life better! We make a software platform that allows customers to manage and share knowledge from a variety of sources in a simple and easy to use interface, freeing them from knowledge silos that prohibit creativity and growth. Our flagship example of this is our own knowledge sharing site for developers, DZone.com. Over 1 million developers rely on us every day to produce and share excellent content that allows them to achieve success.
DZone has helped hundreds of companies, including Pixar, LinkedIn, GE, Microsoft, Epic Games, Splunk, and EBay. We believe that our most important measure of success is their love for our products.
We’re growing fast, but we are determined that each and every person has the opportunity to make a difference for our company and our customers each and every day. We encourage creativity and collaboration, and thrive on continuous improvement. We hire purposefully for passion, self-motivation, intelligence, curiosity and adaptability.
We offer comprehensive benefits for employees and family which include your choice of several comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans, a flexible time off policy, and many opportunities to help you grow your career. DZone has been listed in the Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing private companies for 3 years running, and we are seeking great people to help us continue our rapid growth. We are headquartered in Cary, NC at the corner of High House and Cary Parkway with views of the Prestonwood golf course.