Virtual Events Product Manager
DZone is committed to educating and empowering developers. Our mission is to harness the incredible power of technology and bring developer practitioners, advocates, and inspiring novices alike together in a community of like-minded individuals. Recognizing that developers sit at the hub of innovation in many companies, we offer solutions that drive knowledge sharing, foster collaboration, and facilitate learning and growth.
DZone is seeking a full-time Virtual Events Product Manager. This is a remote opportunity and available to a qualified US-based product owner.
Your primary responsibility will be to create, manage/operate and partner with our Sales and Marketing teams to grow our Virtual event product suite (Webinars, Fireside Chats, Roundtables, etc.). The product owner will fill a key role between our Marketing partners, product development team, and the rest of the organization where a partnership mindset is key. The ideal candidate has an innovative vision, enjoys the fun of pushing boundaries, understands technology driven product development, is a real team player, and makes sure that new initiatives are well planned and implemented within the organization. This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious self-starter with product experience that is looking to launch and manage a set of new products.
- Create a clear product vision, roadmap and operating plan including outlining needed resources to deliver agreed business goals & objectives, in close cooperation with our leadership team, product development teams and other internal stakeholders.
- Set up a structure and process to share the product’s development, launch and operational progress for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be the virtual events lead – finding key speakers, hosting all events, being to lead interviewer and providing thought leadership on important topics relevant to target markets and audiences.
- Responsible for engaging and motivating all aligned teams across the business
- Partner with Marketing and Sales team to ensure the product portfolio is a success, overcoming all obstacles and meeting agreed business goals/objectives
- Be strategic – follow key market and competitor trends that impact the virtual events portfolio and help all stakeholders understand what’s going on in our target markets and how the business should best respond
- Organize regular product updates for all stakeholders to share insights, discoveries, and related strategies
What We Look For:
- 4-6+ years of experience in a product owner/manager focused role (virtual events experience a plus
- In-depth understanding of the world of software developers and the content, insights, and expertise they are interest in consuming via virtual events
- Ability to partner with marketers in our sponsor customers
- Excellent go to market planning and execution capability in a product owner role
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies and technical understanding of virtual events platforms/products to drive product development processes.
- Comfortable working with multiple virtual people and teams, in-house and remote.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail, strong project management capabilities and process orientation
- Experience working with GoToMeeting, Bevy, Zoom, Webex, and other meeting/event platforms.
- A strong balance between process, relevant technology, and project/process management skills.